A common question asked by potential clients is do you need an immigration lawyer to file a K-1 visa for your Vietnamese fiance? The short answer is no, you do not need a lawyer. However, having a lawyer represent you and your fiance through the process has advantages.

An immigration lawyer is a licensed professional.

Unlike visa companies or agencies that rely on non-lawyers, an immigration lawyer is board
certified in the United States and licensed to represent clients for immigration matters all over the world.

An immigration lawyer holds deep and thorough knowledge of the overall process.

Just like a doctor who is able to make a diagnosis very quickly upon examining a patient symptoms, an immigration lawyer is able to review and quickly offer solutions to potential issues that could arise with a K-1 visa for your Vietnamese fiance. Some of these issues that are common include language and culture barriers between the U.S. citizen and Vietnamese fiance, age gaps, and social economic gaps. By consulting and retaining an experienced immigration lawyer who has experience in working with Vietnamese clients, you will take comfort in knowing that you are working with a professional who can offer solutions and strategies.

An immigration lawyer can represent you and your fiance with numerous U.S. immigration agencies.

Obtaining a U.S. fiance visa for your Vietnamese fiancee involves two U.S. immigration agencies- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of State. When you retain an immigration lawyer to file the petition with USCIS, they will submit a USCIS Form G-28 Attorney Representation Form indicating that you and your fiance are being represented. In the event that there are problems with processing at USCIS, an immigration lawyer can speak with the agency and file additional documentation on your behalf. Once the petition is approved and sent to the U.S. Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, an immigration lawyer can continue to represent you and your fiance without having to file additional documentation.

For more information on how consulting and hiring a U.S. immigration lawyer can be beneficial to you and your Vietnamese fiance, contact us at info@enterlinepartners.com to speak with one of our immigration lawyers.

Ad: 3F, IBC building, 1A Cong Truong Me Linh Str, District 1, HCMC.
Tel: 0933 301 488