Enterline and Partners Consulting Managing Partner David Enterline has obtained approval from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) Investor Program Office (“IPO”) to expedite the review of Hong Kong EB-5 investors I-526 Immigrant Petition by Alien Investor (“I-526 Petition”). An approval of an expedite request is not an approval or a denial of the I-526 Petition, but with an approval, the IPO will take the I-526 Petition out of the regular processing queue and assign it to an officer. In our experience, decisions can be obtained in as little as 6 to 8 weeks, although the processing time will vary.
USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
- File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
- Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
- Urgent humanitarian reasons;
- Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
- Clear USCIS error.
In the case of our Hong Kong clients, we demonstrated that recent events in Hong Kong have created a personal and urgent humanitarian situation to which the IPO agreed.
If you are a Hong Kong EB-5 investor with a pending I-526 Petition and would like to consider our filing an expedite request in your case, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and speak with a U.S. immigration attorney in Ho Chi Minh City, Manila and Taipei.