The L-1A Intra-Company Transfer Visa is a non-immigrant visa for managers / executives of international companies with operations in the U.S. and abroad. Once granted, you and your family can live in the U.S. for up to seven years (with extensions).
L-1A Visa Application General Requirements
- Over the past three years, has worked as an executive or manager at a foreign company for at least one year
- U.S. business that has a “qualifying” relationship with a foreign company
- Position with the U.S. business is for an executive or manager
- The U.S. business must demonstrate that the successful business will support the position of the executive or manager within one year of the approval of the L-1A petition
Benefits Of L-1A Visa
- No Visa Quota: There is currently no limit on the number of L-1A visas that can be issued
- Visa for Spouse and Children: Your spouse and your children can also live, work and study in the U.S. through family dependent L-2 visa
- Quickly move to the U.S.: L-1A and L-2 visas can be obtained in as little as 2 months allowing you and your family to quickly relocate to the U.S.
- You may qualify apply for an immigrant visa after securing an L-1A visa.